Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Last Cry!!


It’s a fine early morning of a winter season where the grass lands are covered by dew. A sight full spread of white color as all the trees, bushes, roads, roof of the houses were covered by the dew and is yet to be vanished by the sun light to come in short time.
There in the far place is a church, an old ancient church with its own history, around a miles' distance from where he is standing.
Yes, he is Vasanth, an engineer recently placed in an MNC. He looked nervous, face seems to be filled with sorrows hesitating to step forward as something is stopping him.

"Well, let me go have a visit", Vasanth thought to himself and stepped forward on the leaves which were fallen from the trees, dispersed all around towards the church.
"Should I really do this?", Vasanth hesitated again at the entrance holding the gate of the church.
"Son, who are you? How may I help you? Come in", Father Victor called Vasanth from the church standing near the door.

Vasanth and Father Victor moved inside the church after a few minutes of Vasanth's hesitation.
"Son, you seem to be very cold and shivering. What are you doing at this time? Would you like to have a cup of coffee?", Father asked Vasanth as he is staring at the statue of Jesus Christ. There prevailed silence from Vasanth as he didn't notice to what Father offered or asked.
"Son, what are you looking at?", Father touched Vasanth's hand, "Would you like to have a cup of coffee? You might feel better".
"No, Father. I'm good", Vasanth rejected the offer.
"Ok, what are you doing here at this time, son. How may I help you?", Father asked Vasanth.
"My name is Vasanth.", after a few minutes of silence "I have some problem. I have never been to a church before as I'm not a Christian. I have heard that in Christianity, one who confesses before the lord can have a peaceful rest of soul after death. Is that true, Father?".
"Yes, Dear Son. Why do you think of death in this young age? What is your problem?", Father pat on the back of Vasanth.
"I don't want to discuss with anybody regarding my problem but with God. Would you please help me?", Vasanth looked curiously at the Father.
"Ok dear son. Come and confess yourself. Let all your problems disappear like the dew after sun shine", Father walked to the confessional.

Vasanth followed the Father with a huge dilemma. While he goes behind the Father, he looks out through an open window where a little girl is standing alone at a distance wearing a white cute fairy style dress and holding a doll in her arm. The girl is looking at something with a puzzled look. Vasanth in spite of going to the confessional, neared to the girl as he too is in the same puzzled state. Vasanth started looking at the direction towards where the girl was staring at but he couldn't find a thing.

"Hey, what are you looking at? What is your name?", Vasanth asked the little girl.
"Oh, I was looking at the insect there sitting on the leaf. How is that insect so colorful?", the little girl replied amazed.
"That's called a butterfly and all butterflies will be very attractive and colorful. You didn't answer your name sweety, what's it?", Vasanth knelt on the ground before the little girl and smiled.
"My name is Suji, Kuttt...ti suji", she smiled as her action with her fingers resembled small. "What is your name?", Suji pointed her cute little forefinger towards Vasanth.
Before Vasanth could answer his name Suji ran away as someone from her home called her.
Vasanth then returned to the church and went near the confessional.
"Father, I feel somewhat uncomfortable. Shall I take a leave now?", Vasanth asked the Father.
"Son, it's your wish to leave and you can come here anytime", Father smiled at Vasanth.
Vasanth smiled at the Father and started to leave.

"Son, please wait", Father called Vasanth as he is about to leave the church.
"Yes, Father", Vasanth replied as the Father is nearing Vasanth.
"Son, I saw a little bit of happiness in your face and your eyes at the time you were talking to that little girl. Try to be happy all the time", Father pat on Vasanth's arm.
Vasanth just smiled and nodded his head and left from there.

Vasanth was roaming around the same area where the little girl's house is located and he found the girl playing alone in the lawn outside her house.
"Suji", Vasanth smiled at the little girl.
"Hai... Come let me show you something", Suji dragged Vasanth by catching his hand.
Suji pointed her finger with excitation to a flower grown on a pot.
"Honey, what's that?", Vasanth asked Suji with a big smile.
"I grow that flower for 2 years. I give water, food and wish good morning everyday. Now it has grown very colorfully", Suji replied to Vasanth with her innocence.
"Wow, you are a very good girl and flower is also very beautiful like you", Vasanth's heart filled with joy and happiness as he was talking to Suji.
They both were playing in the lawn and Vasanth turned again to his childhood at the time he was with Suji.
"Oh... Mummy will scold me if I be here for long time. I have to take a toffee which sours a lot. Doctor Uncle gave me that, uwak..., bye bye", Suji ran away as she says, before Vasanth could ask anything.

Vasanth came the next day to the same place to see Suji and to play with her and it continued for a weeks time. Then suddenly he didn't turn out be there for two days.

"Father, I need to talk to you", Vasanth looked so nervous when entering the church.
"Come, my son. Come in, have your seat. Calm down and relax for sometime", Father turned towards Jesus Christ's statue and murmured something.
"Father, I want to die soon", Vasanth looked at the floor as he lacks courage to face the Father.

What was behind Vasanth? Why does he want to die? Why is he so nervous and disturbed all the time?

For the next part, please click the link below
http://mamu-kutti.blogspot.com/2012/01/last-cry-part-2.html 

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere in the world there is an epigram for every dilemma.

    deepak kumar gr

    ReplyDelete

I don't know what you think about my creation, but every word of you help me grow better and stronger!!